Monday, May 26, 2008

Our day of baseball...

With 2 boys being involved and Marlon being the coach, it seems that basketball often consumes us. This weekend there was no tournament (yay) and Izzy had a double header in Sheboygan so we set out at 9:30 to spend the day focused on him. It was a lot of fun and he really enjoyed himself. He's grown so much this season already...learning not to be so hard on himself, how to take criticism, understanding the game more. He is the starting catcher and really getting pretty good at it. Here's some pictures from our day on Saturday.
Izzy getting some sunflower seeds in while his team was up at bat.



Celebrating after two teammates scored!


Up to bat. (elbow up---makes Daddy and Papa so proud...lol)


Izzy and his buddy relaxing in between games.


The other team provided lunch for EVERYONE while we waited for the next game to start. It was very nice.

One of the best things about this season of baseball is the new friendship that is starting between me and the coaches wife. She actually was a very close friend of my cousin's growing up. Nina has an amazing testimony and lives out loud for Christ. I love it because we've found out that our stories are similar. The details of how we lived might not be...but our hearts and our brokenness definately are. She and her husband (who actually has been a casual friend of Marlon's for years--they played prison softball together) and Marlon and I are going to get together soon. Just the four of us and then maybe a BBQ or something with the kids as well.

Oh---and just as an update. You may remember on May 13th I posted about how crazy my time was going to be for the next two weeks. Well, that time has ended and I survived suprisingly well. I was able to enjoy it and I know that it was by laying it all on Jesus that I did.

Because I don't always daily blog anymore....or because I might not give glory to Him as often as I should...it might seem that the focus of my heart is not fully committed to living our His will for me. I must admit in all honesty that the last month or two I have not been as obedient to Him as I should. Other than preparing for things for work---I have not been in the word. Other than praying for other people and when I've needed help out of stressful situations---I have not been in conversation with Him. I've too many times relied on my own strength to get through the day and put on a happy face for others when I've really be hurting, struggling or sad on the inside.

This past weekend I got up early Saturday and Sunday to do my powerwalk around the river. By early I mean 6ish am. What it did was rejuvenate my spirit and restore my soul. In the newness of the day--fresh with the early morning sunshine--I was able to connect with God again. When we confess our disobedience to Him, set our hearts straight again and align our spirit----it is amazing and awesome to me how He can immediately lift the burden we've been living under. Like a cloud that separates and allows the sun to show through---that is how my heart is feeling today. I leave you with Psalm 23. Please don't dismiss this part of my blog because you know this verse and have heard it a zillion times. Please don't stop reading here because you really aren't in the "religious" stuff. Please don't leave without taking a minute to read and think about the words of this Psalm.

Psalm 23

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,he leads me beside quiet waters,he restores my soul He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

No comments: