Monday, July 14, 2008

I look in their eyes...
Each one so different
My four special gifts
On loan from my Lord

Jordyn--so silly, yet brilliant
Laid back, relaxed
Yet vibrant and loud

Isaiah--so stoic, yet fun-loving
Kind, Conscientious
Full of dignity and grace

Elijah--so madcap, yet loving
Humorous, headstrong
Yet affectionate and tender

Israel--the pleaser, yet free
Driven, rule follower
A true servant heart...

The blessing these four
are in my life
Gets lost often times in
the busyness of life

But as I recognize each moment
as an irreplacable gift
It helps remind me to pause
and savor each day

I only desire to serve them well
train them and guide them
to face life head on

Praying each moment
for each of their lives
that they seek out His will
and try to stay in the light

Yes each of their faces...
So sweet and lovely
Bring a smile to my face
As I think of them now.

I pray I get it right
As best as I can
And they know that I love them
More than they can understand....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wiping the tears. That was beautifully said. So true about wanting to get it right the best we can.
We can only do it as good as God has equipped us for. Isn't it great we have God to come along and pick up the slack?

Love those biblical names and descriptions. I can just feel your pride as you describe each personality.

Have a great day.

Luanne