Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oh yes!!

We did it!

Jordyn and I won the weight loss challenge!! It was really down to the wire. This past weekend was the last weigh in. I lost a total of 41 lbs and Jordyn lost 28. My brother in law and friend almost pulled it off. She lost 1.5 lbs the last week and he lost 7.5!! He really gave it all he had...even working out twice a day for a week! He also had a free 1 pound pass from the challenge we had in May that he won. The morning I weighed in I did a last chance work out, complete with swimming a few laps in the pool...lol. We weren't giving up without a fight. Now we plan to keep up with so many of the changes we've made in our eating, with exercise....

So what has the last 12 weeks taught me? That I am not contolled by food anymore. That I will not fall back into my eating disorder by limiting myself, or pushing myself to exercise more. Honestly, after so many years of struggling with bulimia...that's always been a fear in the back of my mind. I am free from that. Will I continue to struggle with my weight? Perhaps. Like any addiction, I don't think you wake up one day "cured". But I know I can continue with this path without any problems. The walking has really been great for me because I do some of my best thinking and praying on those walks. In fact, as hot as it's going to be today...I think I'm going to go get my walk in right now!

Blessings...

Mindy <><

3 comments:

Luanne said...

Congratulations.
I just wanted to comment that I looked at some of your photos and tell you how much your weight loss shows. The old photo's don't show the glowing confident face that I saw at She Speaks.
You go girl!
Thanks for your comment about praying for my friends.

Luanne

Amy said...

Awesome news! I am so proud of how hard you two worked now it's time to SHOP!!! Have fun with your winnings :)

You look amazing!

Michelle said...

Woo Hoo, AWESOME, Good for You!!!
:)