Sunday, July 6, 2008

Prayer

If you've been reading my blog lately you know that God is doing a great work in me. Almost every aspect of my life is being realigned and reevaluated. One thing that I have begun again is my prayer book.

About 3 years ago, at a ministry wives conference, I purchased this great book. It's a binder to help you organize your prayer life. Now this is not to take the place of the many prayers that are said throughout the day, as different situations come to mind and you need to pray about them, as you face decisions and need an answer...this is to help organize your daily prayer time. (by the way---if you don't already have this rich, essential time set aside each day I encourage you to do so) Each day of the month has a page to put pictures, business cards, momentos to help you envision what you are praying about, an area to list what/who you are praying for, scripture to meditate on as you begin your prayer time and an area to list any specific requests and answers to those prayers. I had used it very regularly and in the last 5 or 6 months have really slacked on incorporating it into my daily time with God.

This month I have begun using it again. I am reminded of how special prayer is. How it not only brings us closer to God, but warms our heart toward whoever we are praying for. My hope for each of you is that you might find a way to incorporate this organized kind of prayer into your day. One thing that is most satisfying is that when someone asks me to pray for them, I immediately add them to my book. It's a great reminder to ensure that I am truly praying for someone who I told I would. It also helps me follow up with that person and see how things are going and what God is doing in their life now.

Blessings on your night my friends!!




1 comment:

Lelia Chealey said...

Hello!
This looks like a great idea. I love praying!! And it works as I've seen in the last week and a half of my life.

Thanks for your comment on my blog about my daughter. I read it to her. Her exact words: "oh, cool." :)
God is good and is in complete control. I know this even though last night was a night of exhaustion, tears and praying/crying myself to sleep. Good to fall asleep in conversation with the King! :)
Blessings,
Lelia