Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Prayer Request....

Tonight I am asking all of my friends, family, bloggin buddies and anyone else who happens upon my blog to pray for my cousin Rafe. What I am going to share, he is very open with sharing so I know I can ask for this.

Last fall Rafe admitted himself to treatment for his alcohol addiction. He knew it had gotten out of hand and he knew he had to change for his wife (of only one year). Upon returning home from his treatment program--his wife decided to leave him. He has spent the last nine months trying to figure out how to get her back, working on getting well, finding a relationship with Christ, trying to understand why she won't give him another chance... She eventually filed for divorce and tomorrow is the final court date.

I try not to pass judgement on her. While I know that everyone deserves forgiveness, she is refusing to forgive him--barely speaking to him in the last 9 months. He offered counseling, slowly reconnecting, any terms she was comfortable with to no avail. I don't know what she is going through---what she is dealing with---what hurt she is carrying. I am sure she is confused and angry and in pain.

Please pray for God's will to be carried out tomorrow. I know that He grieves when marriages end...but I also know that He always sees the big picture. Please pray that Rafe keeps close the knowledge that he has come a long way---that he is continuing his path to complete health and that whether or not she wants him back he can hold his head high that he has done everything in his power to save his marriage. Help him to be strong tomorrow no matter what the outcome. Pray also for her...that God might soften her heart and she might give her marriage a second chance before just ending it and walking away.

If you'd like, please leave any encouragement, prayers, or comments and I will make sure to forward them on to Rafe.

Nite!

2 comments:

Van said...

FAther in heaven, hear our prayers for Rafe. You tell us that you are the healer of broken hearts and the mender of past mistakes. You forgive. Give Rave's wife a deep desire to forgive and trust in You to perfect the future. Lord, I pray that you will be done and I know as I pray Your will has already begun to work out its perfect peace in Rafe's life. I pray that he would come to realize that YOU are sufficient, that You are all he needs. I pray that his focus on You woudl fill him with peace and joy that he would totally trust in You to bless his life.God I thank you that we can bring all our cares to Your throne where You long to hear from us and bless us, in Jesus Name, Amen.

Anonymous said...

Mindy and Rafe,
My thoughts and prayers will be with you both tomorrow and as your heart heals. Stay strong and believe in God's promises.

My son married a beautiful girl 13 years ago. If I could have hand picked a daughter in law she would have been it.
After my husbands death my sons drinking got out of control and he spent his time fishing, hunting, and drinking. As a result his wife grew unhappy and had an affair and filed for divorce.Thankfully they had no children.

My son was devestated, but he learned so much thru his pain.

Long story short-after being divorced for 2+ years they reconciled and are happier than ever before. (Although they havent remarried,they do co-habitate maybe you'll return the favor and pray for them)

I know every story doesn't have this kind of ending but I just wanted you to remember that anything is possible with God.
I am praying that the God of peace and love will fill your heart with the same.
Gods Blessings
Luanne