Sunday, July 27, 2008

Jubilee Sunday

Today I was a part of a panel for Iced Expresso

The topic...Friends with Benefits: Caution! You may get burned! It went really well. There were 4 of us & the audience were women in ages from 20s to 50s. The concept of this ministry is "older" women befriending & mentoring younger women. The topics deal with real life issues & ways to rely on God to get us through them. I think because of everything that I did...the choices I made...there are certain things I can speak about in a way thats different. I used to be afraid that my testimony would be too wild. Then I saw how God used that to reach people who thought they had messed up so much that God wouldn't want them. Now as Christian woman & with me being so open about struggles, temptations, mistakes...I see how God is able to use that too, especially with younger Christian women who might be having the same kind of stresses. I can't be anyone but me & there is no point to pretend.

Now I'm just relaxing, watching Marlon do his origami & feeling rested & happy. Hope you all had nice weekends too!!

No comments: