Thursday, July 31, 2008

Six Flags

So yesterday was our big day out to Six Flags. It was a little sad because Keisha ended up not being able to come...but the three of us still headed out for a day of FUN and FUN we found!! Nina picked Patti and I up and after filling the cooler with our snacks (of which there was PLENTY) and saying a prayer over our day together we were on the road by 9:15!!

The first picture of the day! We decided to start out with a smaller ride, as Nina put it...to get our tummies and bodies ready for the bigger ones that would come later!



Don't Patti and Nina make a wonderful royal couple? They are sooooo regal!!


What day of fun is complete without a self-taken group shot? We all laughed and commented on how short Nina looks in this picture!


At about three we headed to the car for our lunches. It felt soooo good to get our socks and shoes off! I laughed at how ill prepared I came. I said that if I had packed for the day for my family....I would have had extra clothes for everyone, hand sanitizer, bug spray, a water mister, band aids....but packing for myself? NONE OF THAT!

After lunch we headed back in to the park to finish off our day. We saw the singing and dancing show. It always amazes me that had I been able to start in April I could have been in that. I auditioned wayyyy back the winter of my senior year. It was a really good show and had some great dancing. We also went on Superman, the Viper, Ragin Cajun (again), Raging Rapids (again). The Demon was closed for maintenance so that was too bad, but otherwise we really got to go on all of the rides that we wanted to.

I think the best part of the day was just the commaderie that we had. We laughed so hard, acted silly, talked about serious things, shared parts of our stories...it was an amazing day with amazing friends that I will cherish for years to come!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man that looks like fun. I love roller coasters but I'm think my bones are getting to old for the jarring. I'll live vicariously thru your pics.

Re your six things. The physical touch thing... well all I can say is being single for 15 years and only barely dating WELCOME TO MY WORLD. lol

Luanne