Saturday, January 20, 2007

Cheesecake, Basketball and Prison

Only in my life would those three things happen in the same weekend...lol. So last night we used the gift certificate we got from Kwame for Christmas to the Cheesecake Factory. Neither of us had ever been there--wow was it good! When we are alone-the wait is actually nice because it's just more time spent alone. The menu had a million and one choices and made it hard to decide but I settled on the orange chicken. Very good.
Today is Upward and a afternoon of games. Marlon coaches both of the boys teams. Isaiah opted out of Upward because he wanted to play second session of indoor. It's hard not to let them do everything they'd like--but to me it just isn't logical to play 2 sports at one time and it isn't healthy to put in a kids mind that they can do everything and be everywhere. I know there are some families that choose to do that and they have every right to and it might work fine for some people. I have had a couple of people say things to me like--oh they're kids, it'll be fine, just let them...but honestly Marlon and think that there is no reason to play two sports at one time. There are plenty of sports that have different seasons and there is no reason to never have down time, never rest. It's one of the things I struggle with as an adult and I know some of that is from always feeling that I can be part of everything and that I will have energy and strength to "do it all". It never happens that way. Our bodies were designed for rest as well.
Prison comes in tomorrow. Marlon and I will be at Taycheedah ALL day. A few times a year we do both morning and afternoon sessions so we'll be there from about 7:30am to 4pm and have 4 services during that time. I love going to Taycheedah. The women there are so full of love and it is quite something to see God working in them. It's a blessing to be able to lead them in worship. Even with my horrible cold and sore throat---I know that God will take the worship time and make it His.
So that's the weekend in a nutshell. Cheesecake, basketball and prison. Yep---sounds good to me!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

AMEN! To the overbooked kids thing. It doesn't work well in our family either, we all really do like to be home together and just hang out! Good luck this week!
:) Michelle

Searching for Myself said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOCCER IS A YEAR ROUND SPORT!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER THAT, ONCE YOU ARE IN THERE IS NO WAY OUT!!