Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Just another busy day...

So today Izzy had a dental appointment in the morning. There was a big mix up in which child they thought was scheduled and what work needed to be done so that took a good 20 minutes alone to figure out. (I guess that's what we get for having 3 boys so close in age!) Then I took him to school and hurried off to work because this is just such a busy time I need every moment there to get my work done. I left work and stopped at home for a bit before heading off to Teen MOPS (which I love) and then home quick to meet up with everyone. We dropped Jordyn off at Outtasight (youth group) and then off to Isaiah's soccer game. He played sooooo well. He's really enjoying picking up some goalie time too (much to his mother's dismay!!) He loves it! He has grown so much since last fall. The switch from rec to select was difficult for him. I think he came in very intimidated...thinking he was a step behind everyone because of his lack of experience. Isaiah can be so hard on himself...but he's grown so much and I see him playing with some of the confidence he used to have in rec ball now. I'm excited to see what it's like when we switch back to outdoor. After the soccer game down to my Grandma's because I had to give her her shot and then back home to collapse on the couch!!
Jordyn has decided on colleges. Of course this could change...but right now she's looking at Whitewater and Marquette. After some thought she's decided against going out of state right now. She really wants to be a teacher and so getting her teaching license here is smart, plus there's better potential for to find a job stemming from her student teaching job. We've told her just to give herself time to find the right place and always to be in prayer about her plans. Her report card was amazing-and the boys had great ones too. They're doing so well at Heyer. There is just something freeing and trusting about being able to be yourself at school and not have a ton of kids calling you the "n" word and pushing you around. Kids can be simply crazy---usually the result of CRAZY parents. Ignorant is probably a better word.
Well, I am really starting to fall asleep....so I will see you probably tomorrow!

2 comments:

Amy said...

It was so nice to have you at Teen MOPS for awhile last night. Sorry about the mix-up but as you can see the girls do miss you!!!

So now you know my BHAG (lol...to those of you not having any idea what I am talking about it is my Big Hairy Audacious Goal)...I am glad it is out as not too many people know that I want to do that. Debbie did an awesome job talking to the girls about setting goals last night. Made me think about still consentrating on my own.

I am sooooo happy you are coming to the retreat too! Yipee!!!

Stay warm :)

Michelle said...

Hi Mindy! I don't get it? I don't get why people need to be so disrespectful/ignorant to others who are not 'identical' to them whether in how they look, what they dress like, what their culture is or what there ideas are! I don't get it!!! I had a great conversation with the boys the other day about Dr. Martin Luther King. I explained why he was so important to our world and that when I was little people were not given the same rights (in a huge way, I know there is still bias, unforntunately). I pray that we (our generation) closes the gap in a big way! Okay, I'll get off of my soap box now! I love hearing your family stories and I'm hoping to get into Elmbrook next week, I need to pick up a couple of studies. If so, I'll track you down!
:)
P.S. I did laundry all day and I didn't complain once!!!