Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Update

So yesterday I went to the dr. and found out that I most likely have pulled muscles in both my right chest and should blade area. She took chest x-rays to be sure but those came back clear. My heart was good and all other vitals were fine as well. When I let her know that I really haven't done anything that could explain pulled muscles--she told me that the bad cough I had for those days probably did it! I had not heard of such a thing--but when I went to work today several people told me they have done the same! Our bodies are so bizarre! Anyway--I was able to come home after the appt. yesterday and slept off and on all afternoon and evening. The naproxen she prescribed relaxes me so much I could finally get a good solid 4 hours in a row of sleep. Today I worked 6 hours and that was just about my limit. I rested a lot this evening--probably not as much as I should...but I am sure many of you mommies can relate to why that is hard to do....just sit in a chair and relax?? lol
Tomorrow basketball starts for Izzy and Elijah. Marlon coaches both of their teams and Isaiah always goes along to practise to help so it's actually a fun few hours WITHOUT any boys!! Woohooo!! If any of you mommies have houses full of boys you can relate to a testosterone free home! From 4:30 to 7:30 each Thursday until the middle of March Jordyn and I will have a little reprieve--it'll be nice. It makes basketball season so much fun too because all I have to do is go to the games and enjoy on Saturdays--no running around for practises because Marlon's the coach!
I spoke to one of my old clients today (I used to be a social worker in Milw) and we had such a good talk. As I've said before, sometimes it does leave me wondering how can I still impact the city when my 9 to 5 isn't there anymore. I have to remind myself that the energy that job took from my family wasn't healthy and that for right now--with a 8,9,10 and 15 year old at home--the job I have is truly the right fit. I need to use my volunteer ministry involvement to reach the city and the hurting. As she shared some of her escapades in the last few weeks, it got me thinking about how much hurt there is in the world...how much we take for granted...how much kids deal with and see...then tonight my son Izzy (he's in 2nd grade) asks if when we pray before bed, can we pray for his friend. When I ask why he tells me that his friend wasn't at school yesterday and today when Izzy asked him where he was this boy told Izzy that on New Year's Day his parents were at a party and started arguing. The argument got so bad that his dad left his mom and he couldn't get to school. Heartache. Of course-being the sap that I am-I get all teary-eyed and let Izzy know that we can definately pray for him and his family. Then I remind him that he doesn't have to wait until he's home to get us all to pray....it's good to do that...but he can also pray for his friend by himself right away if he wants. And Izzy tells me, "Oh, I did that at school." It melts my heart and reminds me that not everyday is a hectic day of arguing and pulling teeth for things like wearing a hat or putting away toys. Some days are sweet tender moments of an 8 year old calling out to God to comfort his friend and knowing that God hears him. One child and one prayer can save the world. To God be the glory!

No comments: