Monday, January 29, 2007

Where did the weekend go?

My goodness--Monday morning already? This weekend really flew by. Friday night was the boys boat races at church. It was so much fun. Some of the boats are so kooky looking...lol! Marlon and I got to be judges and it was so funny because the majority looked the same so it was difficult to pick the top 5 design...top 5 unique wasn't as hard! Our boys didn't place--just the participation ribbons--but I kind of like it that way. This is a chance for b0ys who aren't as athletic---but have some artistic ability to excel in front of other boys. Afterwards we went out for dinner. Jordyn went to dinner and for coffee with friends. That sounds crazy even typing it...that's she's old enough to go and have "coffee"...
Sat. morning was grocery shopping and cleaning. Then I had to be to Upward a little earlier than the boys/Marlon because I was leading the afternoon devotions. A cool thing about Upward is that during 1/2 time there is a short devotion for the parents/family that are in the gym. Then the boys had their games. Choir practice started at 3:30 and then service was at 5. My neices came at 6:30 and we watched them until 9. Isaiah stayed overnight with a friend. Jordyn had a babysitting job all day so that was nice for her--she loves to babysit and is saving all of her money. Hopefully that will carry over when she gets a "real" job this summer. I know she really wants a car and knows gas and such will be a big expense.
Sunday took me to church bright and early at 7am for services. Jordyn came to earlier church with a friend and then spent the afternoon shopping. The boys (including Isaiah) came later. We all worshipped at 11 together (Jubilee Sunday so no Sunday School) and then had our first meeting for the Biloxi mission trip. We will work in the morning--whatever they assign us to--and then have the vacation bible school in the afternoon. The kids are so excited...and I must admit I am too. Marlon and Isaiah ran some errands. The other boys and I were going to go by my parents for some of my mom's chili (which I loveeeeee) but I was so tired and knew I needed a cat nap so I opted instead to go home. Got a little nap in-which was lovely. Then Jordyn and Kristie got home at 4:45---just in time for Marlon and I to leave for prison. We got home about 9. It went amazingly well. I am so grateful for how God just gets my voice through this cold to sing with the ladies. We hadn't seen them in December so it was good to visit and pray for them.
So obviously this was one of those weekends where we had a ton of stuff to do and a ton of places to go. That happens sometimes to us. Tonight I have only Wal-Mart shopping to do so I am going to RELAX! (okay--that really means do laundry...but if you know me then you know that laundry is relaxing to me) I already stuck a roast in the crockpot so dinner won't even be a big deal...lol. Gotta be prepared to relax!
To each of you who read this....whether people I know and love, or those I've met through blogging (Michelle...:) or just those diehard bloggers who peruse other blogs (like me!) have a wonderful day. Live in the moment and with confidence that God has ordered your steps and prepared this day for you.
Blessings!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Monday Mindy :)! How did your heal hold up through the weekend? I hope well...you are on a mission girl!!! Oh, I wanted to let you know that my sister-in-law (Captured by Life) is a worship leader at her church too! She has such a beautiful voice! I'm going to have to swing by Elmbrook sometime and introduce myself to you! Have a relaxing evening, doing laundry (okay, we have a lot in common....but definately not the joy of laundry!).
:)

Mindy said...

I must admit--by Sunday afternoon my heal was aching pretty badly. I ended up not even shopping tonight, just came home and put it up (did laundry of course) Stop by Elmbrook anytime you're around. Working there full time I'm pretty much always there during the day. Hope your son feels better. Aren't germs horrible?

Amy said...

You two will get along sooo good!

Like I told Michelle it is a small world running into her again on your blog Mindy.

We both were on steering for MOPS years ago.

Before I forget too Mindy I won't be at MOPS tomorrow as Gabby is home with a fever, sore throat and headache...I tell ya never ending, never ending. We will have to do another raincheck for lunch.

Hugs :)

P.S. Sara is going to talk to you tomorrow about the Teen MOPS retreat...if you have any questions about it just call. Did you get the invite?

Beth said...

Hi Mindy~
Sounds like you are feeling better. I am happy for you. I would love to come to church sometime when you are singing. I can imagine your voice is beautiful.You have such amazing gifts to offer, I really admire that in you. Keep warm and see you tonight.

Love Beth