Thursday, January 25, 2007

Dr. appt and worship

So I have a sinus infection. Got some antibiotics and should be good to go in a few days to a week. As for my heal...I have plantar fisciitis and a heel spur. The x-rays didn't show any broken bones but if I'm not almost back to normal in 4 weeks then she wants to do an MRI to double check that there isn't a small fracture in the heel. The unfortunate part is that there really isn't anything to do with this and it won't go away. She did show me some exercises that will help and advised me to only wear my very comfy tennis shoes for a couple of weeks. So pain for awhile more. That's okay. There are numerous people at Elmbrook who are suffering or have family suffering serious medical issues. Mine is so very small in comparison and it really puts perspective on life to have that happening around you.

Worship rehearsal went well. I know a few people thought I was crazy to try and sing...and told me that I didn't need to worry about being at church this weekend with everything that's happening health wise. The thing is---worship fulfills me so much that instead of taking energy it only gives it to me. On my way home as I was singing my heart out...I thought about worship. Too often we think of worship as only singing and leave out the many other ways that we can worship Jesus. This got me thinking about Romans...the bible is clear that worshipping does not equal singing. I couldn't remember the verse off the top of my head, but found it:

Romans 12:1, 2: Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual[a] act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

The act of worship is taking our whole bodies---all that we are and offering them up---that's our thoughts, our actions. As Christians we have to live in the transformation or we aren't truly understanding and living by God's will. Too often we settle for Sunday worship and miss out on DAILY worshipping our Heavenly Father. Too often we use singing as a crutch, that singing is the way to worship and so if we can't sing...or don't like to sing...then that's that. But that's not what it's about. If you've never read Romans-I encourage you to read it. I truly understood transformation so much deeper after reading Romans. It's not enough to pay lip service to our faith. If you are a person who claims faith but lay it down when things get rough...lay it down when you want to act ugly...lay it down if God's plan doesn't seem to "jive" with your plan...then I encourage you to openly and honestly read Romans. I know I reread it often. It has helped me keep perspective on many situations in my life and helped me from going backwards when Christ is so recognizably forward.

Nite all!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I am glad your doctor appointment went well...hopefully the antibiotic will kick in fast. I totally feel like I am coming down with something again...I am afraid of how I will feel when I wake up tomorrow. I went and bought some Zicam...nasty tasting stuff but everyone says it really works...hmmm...we'll see.

So how about trying to do that lunch again this Tuesday? Let me know if that works for you.

Take care of that foot too! I would love to see the video of the amazing race...I won't be at breakaway this year though...save me a copy :)

smooches :)