Monday, January 8, 2007

"Naughty" magazines...oh my goodness!

As you know I love telling crazy stories about my kids. As I read more and more mom blogs it seems we all like to do that actually...lol...probably a very bonding thing for mommies!! Anyway--here is the latest.

So the boys are across the street playing football. There is a little lot in front of an apartment building where they often play. I hear kind of this yelling/crying/giggling and all three boys come flying in the house. They all jump on the couch. Izzy is covering his eyes and is moaning, Elijah is beat red and saying, "oh man, oh man..." and Isaiah is holding his stomach like he's going to puke. Marlon and I ask them what's up and Isaiah says, " Across the street we were playing and there was something in the middle of the field...so we went over to move it and...and...it was a NAUGHTY magazine!!!" Oh my goodness...their faces...Marlon and I looked at each other and at the same time you want to laugh and are flabbergasted at what you've just heard (now I know why they were making such strange noises...lol) Marlon asked what happened. Elijah says that they picked it up (not sure which one) and then saw what is was and tossed it off to the side. Izzy continues to sit on the couch eyes covered saying, "it was so nasty...ohhhhh..." and then Isaiah says, "Well, Elijah was gonna turn the page...I think he liked it...but then he didn't, he just threw it" Elijah says, "Man-there were naked ladies in there! Sick!" Of course by now I am near tears from holding in my laughter. Marlon tells them they did the right thing to throw it aside and come and tell us. I let them know that if that ever happens again they can always come to us. We ask if they looked at it and tell them if they did we understand they might be curious and we want to talk about it. They all continue to say that they did not look through it all, just the main page. I let them know that some people look at those and it isn't right and they definately shouldn't have left them where little kids can see them. They've started to calm down by now and then Isaiah stands up and totally serious says, "Well, okay guys...we'd better pray for forgiveness." I had to leave the room for a second to laugh...lol. I let them know they could pray if they wanted to but to know they did the right thing by leaving it there and coming right back home to tell us and that I hoped they would know they can always continue to tell us things like that.
So anyway. Who says parents put kids in therapy...I think it's the other way around sometimes! lol

2 comments:

Amy said...

Too funny :) I would love to have seen their faces.

I can relate to having to hold the laughter back at times.

Gotta love our kids!

Beth said...

Oh my gosh. How could you hold it in. I was laughing sitting here at the computer. Your children are so good. Can they help mine??? Thank you for sharing. See you tomorrow.