Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yes Troy I Must Blog About It...lol

So tonight Isaiah scored!! :) He was very happy. Indoor has been really good for him...understanding the game more, gaining confidence, having better control of the ball...but he still hadn't scored. Marlon's been telling him...sometimes you gotta just take it and tonight he got his chance. When Marlon asked him what Troy said when he scored Isaiah laughed and said something about reading it in the blog. Does he know Isaiah's mommy or what? lol Sometimes I forget that he is still in his first year of select and in learning mode--it seems like he's been in it forever. They played good tonight--really meshing as a team, passing and a lot of guys scoring.
Tonight I am doing a little cleaning and organizing the house. If all goes well I will go straight from work to the Ministry Wives conference tomorrow. I am so excited. The rest of the family will be busy while I am gone--so I am a little worried about what the house will look like when I am gone. I think Marlon felt bad when I said there were things I wanted to do before I left. He asked why they couldn't do them. I told him that I knew they'd be busy and probably wouldn't get done--then I'd come home Sat. early evening and there'd be a mess. He said, "Thanks for having confidence in us." While I can empathize with his feelings...I still know what it's like around here when the schedule is busy--plus I won't be here. Marlon is gone all day Thursday, Thursday night is basketball practise and Jordyn is watching my niece, Friday is school all day, I think Marlon has a meeting, Jordyn is going to her dad's and Marlon is going with the boys to Troy's house, then Sat. is basketball games all afternoon and we'll all get home around the same time (5ish) It's not so much that I don't believe he'd like to do some things around here (he actually does a good job cleaning when he does) it's just that they really won't even be here to do anything. My main concern is the living room, bathroom and laundry. My bosses are letting me come in tomorrow at 10--so I will stop back home after taking the boys to school at 8:20 and pack/get things ready.
My sister and I were picked for a "Breakaway Amazing Race"!! We are so excited!! That is also Sat. morning (I will have to miss a little of the conference) The competition will be taped and then shown at Breakaway in March. If you ever are looking for a fun, relaxing, spirit filled weekend--then Breakway is it. It is a little pricey, but not when you think of all that you get. It's $220 for the whole weekend, 4 to a room, several meals included, training materials, little gifts and the seminars--at the Grand Geneva no less.
Finally---FYI---if you are looking for a fun, cheap, family event-Elmbrook is sponsoring a SUPERBOWLING event on Feb. 3rd. Click HERE for details. The boys and I will be there--it'll be a TON of fun!
Off to switch the laundry and start folding!! Nite and love to all!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Way to go Isaiah!!!

We'll miss you Friday night....wish you could come over too. Enjoy your night away though :)

Wanna do lunch Tuesday? I have MOPS so we could do something after....I can run and get something too and bring it back to church to eat?

Let me know :)

Mindy said...

oooo--yes let's do lunch! Tuesdays work good for me. I can probably leave for an hour-just to get out. I don't have any meetings that I can think of. It's a date :)

Searching for Myself said...

Even a blind squirel finds a nut!!!!

hahahahahahah
j/k