Sunday, January 14, 2007

Philippines or Bust!

Well, our good friend came over today and got us our tickets for the Philippines! It's official now that Marlon and I will be going this summer for our prison ministry. We leave July 22nd and will return Aug. 2nd. 12 days. I know it will fly by as 3 days are really traveling there and back-so we'll have 9 days in the Philippines. During that time we'll be in prisons just about everyday and visiting with the inmate families. Marlon e-mailed Brother Bob today to confirm the dates with him so he can start preparing. This timing worked perfect because we won't miss
Elijah's birthday and we'll be home in time for Kids Kamp. Also-we don't get back from Biloxi leading the vacation bible school until June 30th. At least now we'll have a couple of weeks before we are on the road again! (or in the air as it may be...lol)
We have a wonderful group of family and friends that are going to pitch in and help with the kids. I know the hardest will be that if Isaiah makes select soccer again he'll be in conditioning and Jordyn may get a job this summer. I know that God will work everything out and I have complete faith that He will take care of us all while we are apart. In the scope of life what is 12 days? I am thankful that I have family that is understanding (because I know there will be many who aren't), true friends who see our ministry as important (because there will be many others who don't understand) and children who know how important it is to do God's work and are willing to sacrifice time with their parents so that they can accomplish the call He has on their life.
I know July is going to come VERY quickly!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I am so excited for you and Marlon and your trip to the Philippines!

Let me know if there is anything we can do to help out while you are gone :)

See you for lunch tomorrow :)

Mindy said...

We'll see you tomorrow...I can't wait!!