Friday, January 5, 2007

Decisions

I just lost a HUGE post... :(

Not up to rewriting all of the details but here is the just...

There are three major decisions being prayed over in the Pitchford household. If you will, please pray for guidance and listening to God's will as we make any decisions.

#1 Should Marlon go with Dr. David Kasali to the Sudan in May. He's been asked to go. My gut reaction is he should go. Yesterday our pastor friend Doug came up to me and said, "Marlon needs to go to the Sudan. They need to see him there." This would be for about 2 weeks.

#2 A staff challenge has been posed to us by one of our illustrious Senior Associate Pastors to climb Aconcagua, the highest mountain in the western hemisphere in 2009. For some crazy reason (crazy if you know me---umm..I don't like heights, I am very out of shape, I have an aversion to strenous activity)...for some crazy reason, I want to go. Plenty of time to prepare my mind, my body, my family...it's a 17 day trek to the summit of Aconcagua in Argentina. I told the Pastor--I am afraid that the more I think of about it, the more I will talk myself out of it.

#3 In May I will be done serving as worship leader in Kid Zone. I will still get to worship about once a month in regular service with my worship team, but I won't have a weekly job. There is a need for a shepherd over the Special Needs buddy program and I have always loved that ministry. I am just not sure if I am supposed to be taking a break or moving onto something new.

That's it in a nutshell. A lot to think about as I am reclining back with my heating pad!! lol

1 comment:

Amy said...

Climbing that mountain sounds amazing!!! That is something I would love to try but totally not in shape and afraid of the height thing too, not to mention I have never camped outside and I am sure that is involved in there somewhere too...lol. I would love to hear more about it! Let me know how I can support you if you decide to go through with it.

Ok so enough procrastinating we totally need to get together soon too :)

Let me know what days off you may have or how long do you get for lunch?