Thursday, March 15, 2007

Thursdays Thirteen

Ok--I am really typing this Friday, but it you checked my blog since yesterday you know that I posted an empty entry. Wasn't time last night to do the Thursday Thirteen, but knew that I would want to...so :)

Here goes. My 13 favorite smells:

1) I love the smell of of dryer sheets when I'm doing laundry. Sometimes I will take one and just sniff away!

2) I love the smell of metal. It sounds odd, but it reminds me of when I was a little girl and my dad would come home from his factory job---it's what he smelled like.

3) I love the smell of Marlon's homemade chicken noodle soup. So yummy!

4) I love the smell of my hair product manipulator. It smells so good you could eat it!

5) Marlon's neck after he's put on his cologne. It makes me just want to snuggle and put my head there snuggling.

6) I love the smell of my just showered children!! It makes me happy to smell their soap/shampoo/lotion.

7) I agree with Beth---a clean house (especially with a breeze blowing through) wow-I love that smell. I think it's partly so psychological because I feel such accomplishment when my house is clean.

8) Lilacs--we had a lilac tree next to our house growing up and I love that smell.

9) My Grandma's house on Christmas Eve. We make mexican food and oh my goodness it smells so amazing!

10) Ben-gay. I know I'm odd. But I really love how it smells for some weird reason...lol.

11) Fresh fruit. Melons and citrus mostly. They have such strong scents and make me think of summer and warm weather.

12) Johnson's baby lotion. I don't have to smell a baby for it either. It's the lotion Marlon uses.

13) I love the smell of coffee. I don't drink it (well just some fun cappicuino drinks from Starbucks) but straight black coffee---I love that smell too. It makes me feel awake and energized just smelling it.

Well...that's it. Maybe next week we can do our least favorite smells or something...lol.

Hope your day is better Amy!! I enjoyed talking to you last night and am always here for you.

Have a wonderful evening everyone!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ben gay..huh? Well then you'd like being around me lately...he he.

I think I am aging fast...lol.

Thanks too for the words of comfort and support. You always have just the right thing to say. Boy we covered a lot that night :)

Love you girl....hugs :)

Mindy said...

I know--Ben Gay....who in the world loves that smell...lol...at least I know Marlon will still turn me on when we are in our 80s!!