Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weekend of Italian dinners!!

This weekend was so much fun---Friday was Collin's party. Very yummy spaghetti, Apples to Apples (which Beth was very much winning when we quit for cake...lol) and just hanging out chatting. Then Collin came with us because we had to be at church at 8:40am for the Upward celebration. The speaker/entertainment was Dan Wetzel. He did a very cool show of tricks, drills, involving the audience and a salvation message. Afterwards we went to Golden Corral for lunch. I now see that when the boys are teenagers we will only go to buffets because Collin ate and ate and ate and ate and ate...lol. He kept saying, "well, I'm gettin' my money's worth!" Our boys have big appetites now so I can just imagine at 17!!

Then we came home and I took a nap! That felt so good. At 5 we went to my sister's for dinner and my parents anniversay. 35 years! My brother in law's lasagna was really good and we played the Wii (sp?) I love the boxing game. I knocked Marlon out!!!! Wooohoooo---girls rule, boys drool!!! Just kidding hon! Then we took Collin home and I hung out with my Grandma and Aunt for about an hour chatting. I also am super excited because the family picture I was talking about at Christmas....I finally got a copy!! (got one for you and Connie too momma!)

Today is church and then prison. Hopefully I'll catch a nap on the way up as I am pooped! My cough is back strong again so I guess I should head back to the dr. We'll see. We'll have to have ponzas or mosticciolli or something to keep with our Italian dinner theme this weekend! :)

Anyway--off to start my day. Hope yours is wonderful.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I am so glad you guys came over on friday. It was a lot of fun. We'll have to do it again some time. I am also grateful that your family has accepted Collin and allow him to participate with your family. He adores all of you and enjoys every minute. He can be a handful at times, you just need to have the upper hand.
You ought to get to the dr. soon to be sure you don't have pneumonia or something. Don't fool around.

P.S. Arianna is in love with Izzy. I can see the two already.... energy + energy = trouble Ha Ha

Have a good week

Amy said...

Sounds like a competitive weekend with the games...lol. Haven't had the chance to play Wii yet but heard it can get kind of dangerous.

I am so happy you can make it Sunday to Owen's dedication...it REALLY means ALOT to me :)

Mmmm....Golden Corral...need I say more.